MS Azure DevOps Engineer
Are you passionate about Azure? Do you want to create and implement innovative high quality solutions? Do you want to be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and excellence is rewarded?
Avantida is looking for a person who is passionate about combining development, infrastructure and operations and has deep knowledge on Microsoft Azure, to join our team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are combining knowledge on development and infrastructure. You know what it takes to keep the lights on, but also on how to write efficient code.
- As subject matter expert you assist our team and help them develop and operate the existing applications on Azure PaaS and are able to give guidance on best practices.
- You share your knowledge with colleagues and are not afraid of explaining your vision on technical aspects.
- You will take the necessary actions to stay up to date on the latest developments in cloud.
- You contribute to the Software Quality and Automation of the platform and function necessary to architect, develop, implement and provide on-going maintenance of an overall DevOps / Cloud based framework.
Specifically, ensure compliance with this through documented roadmaps, development guidelines, and methods that support these four principles:
1) Design for leverage: Seek to improve application quality, consistency and performance through the use of standards, a focus on interoperability and maintainability, and robust security mechanisms based on application architecture analysis and design best practices.
2) Design for sustainability and growth: Ensure that a sound migration path exists from the current to future versions of software architectures, reusable components, and development tools.
3) Design for simplicity: To allow less-skilled developers to create and maintain application solutions. Improve developer productivity, and facilitate the speed of architectural and design changes to application solutions.
4) Design for flexibility: Ensure that application architectures facilitate known flexibility needs, but also strive to enable emergence of innovation that is yet unknown.
- Evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, provide technical prowess, insight and innovation across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
- You are knowledgeable on the Microsoft platform and have built up technical experience on the key technologies like C# & .NET. Experienced in good coding practices, especially in cloud and web environments to enable security, scalability, reliability, maintainability, deployability, supportability.
- You know what it takes to keep systems running and are fond of performance tuning and continuously improving the systems. Experience with Azure Monitoring and Alerting are a plus.
- You are also a sysadmin who is experienced in security, monitoring, networking and cloud (PaaS) infrastructure and keeps up to date on the evolutions. Working with PowerShell is like second nature. You are familiar with Azure Resource Manager template creation and execution.
- You already have experience with Azure App Services and Azure SQL Databases and are eager to quickly expand your knowledge on these core competences.
- You are familiar with Visual Studio Team Services, especially Build & Release management to achieve Continuous Delivery. Experience with Package Management, Test Manager are a plus.
- You know how to work in an Agile environment.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or related field, with 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience. Microsoft certifications are considered a plus.
- You are motivated and committed in delivering successful projects.
- You have no problem with the flexibility required for a young company to grow and are able to keep up with the rapid pace of the cloud.
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English.
- The applications you build will be used for thousands of transactions, every day;
- You will build, operate and work on an innovative cloud based SaaS architecture within a young and highly motivated team, searching to learn on a permanent basis
- We're open for payroll or freelance candidates
- Private healthcare, sport subscription and training budget