At Avantida we dream of a sustainable planet. That’s why we built an online platform that aims to transform traditional logistics processes. On the platform we facilitate services offered by ocean lines to transporters for optimal container planning. Ocean lines have a better view on where their containers are, and transporters can optimise their transport planning, saving fuel costs and avoiding congestions.
As Front-end Developer in Avantida you will participate in creation of state-of-the-art INTTRA applications used widely in the container logistics world. You will become part of our team in Krakow, where you will be challenged and learn from highly skilled and passionate colleagues. We believe in people driving the world, excellent teams and passion for technical perfection.
Here is what Avantida boils down to: freedom and responsibility. Together with your colleagues you will have the freedom and fun to define the best way to do your work and to make your development here a rewarding experience.
In Avantida you’ll work side by side with other experts in a multidisciplinary team. We don’t build silos for tech, design and advisory, we build solutions as a team.
As a Front-end Developer in the INTTRA project you would be responsible for:
- Developing software solutions with novelty and impact and integrating them into our customers’ software landscape
- Creating solution proposals, spikes, documentation and lead to the implementation
- Collaboration with fellow developers and internal customers to create high-performance, responsive, and scalable front end applications in AngularJS (1.6 and components in Angular4.x) with Bootstrap
- Consuming back-end RESTful APIs
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Mentoring and coaching less-experienced developers
- Recommending, establishing, and adhering to development best practices
- Detecting and fixing bugs in existing and new applications
What we expect:
- Passion for software development and excellence
- Desire to coach and mentor developers, evaluate and appreciate their input
- Familiarity writing unit tests
- Very good English
- Experience using version control software (Git strongly preferred)
What we enjoy:
- Creating applications used for thousands of transactions every day
- Working on an innovative cloud based SaaS architecture within a young and highly motivated team, searching to learn on a permanent basis
- High performance laptops (Thinkpad)
- Ultimate JetBrains products (Intellij IDEA, Webstorm, DataGrip, …), Github, Attlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat), Slack
- Amazon Web Services (DynamoDB, Lambda, ...)
- Jenkins/CodeBuild, Blue/Green deployment
- Trips to the US and Belgium
- Showing demo each sprint
- Flat structured team with no-blaming approach
- Picking our best time and place to do the work